Belladonna is a highly toxic plant which is rendered safe when placed in homeopathic potencies above 7C. It treats intense symptoms with a rapid onset. They usually involve inflammation with heat, redness, congestion, and throbbing pain. The person’s temperature will be high, their eyes glassy in appearance, or pupils dilated. They are oversensitive to light, noise, and being bumped or jarred. The fever may produce hallucinations, and the throat and mouth will be dry. Hands and feet will be cold but the rest of the body hot to touch. Affected parts, such as areas of inflammation and the head during headaches, feel better when elevated. Complaints are usually worse on the right side of the body.
Colds, Coughs and Sore Throats
- Throat red, raw, sore, and swollen – worse on the right side.
- Dry mucous membranes.
- Bright red tongue.
- Dry cough from tickling and burning in larynx.
Headaches and Sinusitis
- Violent, throbbing, bursting pain, worsened by stooping and better for sitting propped up.
- Triggered by cold air (haircut), getting head wet, or too much sun.
- Worst from light, motion and pressure (such as wearing a hat).
- Dizziness on rising, tending to fall to the left.
- Ear infections, usually right-sided, with severe pain, and worse at night.
- Throbbing pain, worse when lying and better when sitting propped up.
- Deep painful boils – fiery red.
- Hot head and flushed face but icy-cold hands and feet.
- Glaring or glassy eyes with dilated pupils.
- May hallucinate – see ghosts or hideous faces – and hit or bite.
- Usually thirstless but may want lemon juice or lemonade.
- Sweat on covered parts only.
- Rapid onset with restlessness.
- Flushed face and dilate pupils.
- Dizziness with nausea and vomiting.
- Animals with episodes of sudden aggression who bite or attack
- Painful inflammations with lots of heat, redness, and swelling.